This website is the start of a repository of resources and information to aid schools in having a discussion about moving to electronic textbooks and/or electronic curriculum.
December 16, 2011 PAC Google Presentation
- NEW 1/2012 -Apple Unveils E-Textbook Strategy for K-12 - Through a partnership with three major K-12 textbook
publishers—McGraw-Hill, Pearson, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt—Apple is
offering interactive textbooks through its iBooks store at $14.99 or
less. The textbooks feature multimedia elements, including video,
three-dimensional graphics, and photo galleries. They also allow
students to highlight text to create flashcards and search within a
- A Campus-Wide E-Textbook Initiative - Key Takeaways: A typical college student spends up to
$1,000 per year on textbooks, and many students don’t buy textbooks at
all because they’re too expensive; E-textbooks
can cost up to 50 percent less than standard textbooks while providing
the foundation for integration of multiple learning resources into a
single delivery system; E-textbooks and their enhanced interactive learning resources also have the potential to accelerate student learning.
- E-textbooks are destroying the old publishing model -
- Publishers Launch First Digital-Only Textbook for K-12 - McGraw-Hill launched its first all-digital, cloud-based textbook for the
K-12 market on Monday at the International Society for Technology in
Education (ISTE) conference.
- Textbooks & The California Open Source Textbook Project - Find e-textbooks, free and for sale, and information about COSTP and more.
- Article "Better Reading Through Technology in Dalzell" March 5, 2011 How Kindles help school with small library space.
- Article "E-Book Sales Rise in Children's Catagories" - At HarperCollins, e-books made up 25 percent of all
young-adult sales in January 2011, up from about 6 percent a year before — a
boom in sales that quickly got the attention of publishers there.
- Top Three Wireless Book Readers for the Ulitmate Reading Experience - Article - how to find the top wireless book reader.
- Get Ready for Digital Textbooks in K-12 Education - A silent revolution has taken place in the world of school education in the form of digital textbooks online.
It is though too early to say that traditional school education has
lost the battle to digital textbooks online, but it can be safely
claimed that digital textbooks online are gradually making their way to
claim the prominent and even the only way of imparting school education.
- E-Book Educators Ning - Join educators in discussions about e-books in education, e-readers, e-textbooks and more!
- Top 10 Ereader reviews!
- Benefit from Free Online eBook Libraries - If you have an eBook reader and haven't yet ventured into the world of online eBook libraries, you are missing one of the greatest benefits that come with owning an eReader.
- Florida looks at taking school textbooks completely digital by 2015 - State education officials rolled out a five-year proposal this week that
calls for all students in K-12 to use only "electronic materials"
delivered by Kindles, iPads and other similar technology by 2015.
- 101 Killer Open Courseware Projects from Around the World!