The Jones Visual Arts Center

Or: some of the reasons why visual art got swept into the corner

Brief History: 

1908-1914: constructed and used as a tobacco warehouse

1927: converted to the Jackson Chair Factory

Bought by centre in the early 90s, used for facilities & grounds storage

1997: renovated into JVAC

    Insulated board and metal siding put over original siding

    original siding was gravel/asphalt composite stuff

    The art department was previously located in 5th Grant

    art department wanted a new and bigger space, at a more accessible location (for glass/ceramics)