High School Swimming was established in 2015 as a parent run and funded club sport in Chesterfield County thanks to the efforts of SWIMChesterfield, Inc. Warrior swimmers are making history in the pool competing against Chesterfield and Henrico High schools during the exciting first season of high school swimming!
Head Coach: TBD
Matoaca Swim Club Teacher Advocates: Alyssa Smith
Parent Rep: Joy Black 804-931-25882016-17 Practice Schedule
REGISTRATION STARTS OCTOBER 10thTRYOUTS NOV. 1st and 2ndTENTATIVE 2016-2017
- 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM Monday – Thursday
- November 9, 2016 – February 11, 2017 (No practice when school is closed.)
Swim Meet & Event Calendar Schedule: (dates are subject to change)
Cost & Registration
- October 10th: registration opens
- November 1st & 2nd: try-outs (only need to attend one day)
- November 9th: first day of practice
- November 22nd: Sweet Frog spirit night
- November 23 & 25th: Holiday practice
- December 9th: COUNTY KICK OFF MEET
- December 16th: Cosmic Bowling
- December 19th-30th: Holiday practice schedule
- January 5th: Dual MEET "A" (first set of the teams compete)
- January 6th: Dual MEET "B" (second set of the teams compete)
- January 10th: Dual MEET "A"
- January 12th: Dual MEET "B"
- January 17th: Dual MEET "A"
- January 19th: Dual MEET "B"
- February 2nd: Dual MEET "A"
- February 3rd: Dual MEET "B"
- February 11th: CHAMPS
- High School Swim Clubs are parent-run and parent-funded
- Registration fee is $250 per swimmer
Practice/Meet Suits & Equipment
- Practices will be held Monday – Thursday for all club teams
- If registration exceeds projections for these schools, we will consider creating a wait list and/or adding an assistant coach
- Year-round club swimmers are encouraged to attend 1 practice per week
- 4 practices per week will be offered, attendance conflicts can be discussed with head coach
- Independent dry-land is encouraged to develop core strength
- Each swimmer will need a practice suit (one-piece for girls; briefs, jammers or swim trunks for boys)
- A swim cap will be provided to each swimmer, included in the registration fee
- Caps, goggles, water bottle and towels are required for practice and meets
- Team meet suit and spirit wear will be optional, not included in registration fee
Volunteering, Fundraising & Social Events
- We will follow the VHSL guidelines of high school swimming as closely as possible since the goal remains to transition from club swimming to VHSL as soon as possible after the first season
- Individual: 50 Free, 100 Free, 200 Free, 500 Free, 100 Back, 100 Fly, 100 Breast, 200 IM
- Relays: 200 Medley Relay, 200 Free Relay, 400 Free Relay
- Swimmers may only swim 2 individual events and up to 2 relays at every meet
- There may be an additional 50 yard event added to each meet for the first season.
- We will need parent volunteers to help plan events, arrange carpools and run the meets (officiating, timing, meet marshals, etc.)
- After registration, individual club teams will meet to discuss/plan carpools, spirit wear & social events
- SWIMChesterfield, Inc. is investigating possible fundraising options and team social events such as a swim-a-thon
All practices and swim meets are held at: