Homecoming Dress Code:
Cosby School Dress Code:
Cosby High School is a place of business where students are learning both academic and social skills. Students are expected to wear attire which is considered by mainstream society as appropriate for school; it shall in no way be so extreme as to be distracting to the educational process. All students who attend Cosby High School are expected to dress appropriately for an educational environment. Clothing shall fit, be neat and clean, and conform to standards of safety, good taste, appropriateness, and decency. Any clothing that interferes with or disrupts the educational environment is prohibited.
Among other things, the following are prohibited:
· Clothing with language or images that are vulgar, discriminatory, or obscene;
· Clothing that promotes or depicts illegal or violent behavior or items prohibited in a school setting, such as weapons, drugs, alcohol,
· Clothing that contains threats such as gang symbols;
· Clothing that exposes cleavage, private parts, the midriff, or undergarments;
· Sagging or low-cut pants;
· Leggings, yoga pants, and other tight-fitting leg coverings unless worn under a skirt, dress, or other similar garment;
· Tube tops, halter tops, tank tops, backless blouses or blouses with only ties in the back;
· Clothing constructed of see-through material; and,
· Head coverings, unless required for religious or medical purposes.*
*The parent(s) of any student required to wear a head covering based on religious beliefs, medical needs, or other good cause, should contact the principal of the student’s school.
· Shorts, skirts, dresses must be no more than 4 inches above the top of the knee when standing.
· No pants with rips or holes above the knee.
· Pants/shorts (specifically the exterior pair) must be worn at waist level, and undergarments may not be visible at any time under any
· Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers, pajamas and other sleep- wear are not acceptable.
· Sunglasses, bandanas, caps and hoods may not be worn inside the building.
· Coats are to be removed while in the building.
· No chains or spikes (including wrist bands, neck collars, etc.)
· Fish hooks or similar decorative hat items are not acceptable.
Students not complying with this policy will be asked to take appropriate action including, but not limited to, covering the noncomplying clothing, changing clothes, reporting to in-school detention, or being sent home. Repeated infractions will result in disciplinary action.