Carroll County Parent Connect will be hosting a meeting at Oakland Elementary School on Tuesday, April 3, 2012. The topic for this month will be Helping Your Child Succeed in School. Our speaker will be Beverly A. Parker, Carroll County Public Schools Director of School Improvement, Accountability & Testing. The program for parents, guardian, grandparents, and community members will begin at 6 PM. Topics for this session will include
1. What are 10 things your child needs to be successful in school (at any age)?
2. How can I get the most help from my child’s teacher?
3. TV, Gaming, Internet—How can I turn them around for learning?
4. How can I boost my child’s brains power?
5. What do children need before, during, and after the school day?
A free dinner provided by Oakland United Methodist Church will be served at 5 PM. Reading for Life Ameri-Corp Members will be providing free childcare. Each person will receive a Brain Boosters packet. Several door prizes will be given. Everyone is invited to attend. Please make plans now to join us for this event.