The Texas Education Code, Section 32.001, requires the State Board of Education (SBOE) to develop a long-range plan for technology and requires that biennial reports be completed and provided to the governor and Legislature on the progress toward implementation of this plan. The Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology covers years 2006- 2020. It's the LRPT that charts the course for educational technology expectation in Texas.
CCISD uses the LRPT to guide our educational technology outcomes.
Does CCISD use the Texas LRPT or do we have our own?
CCISD does have their own technology plan developed by administrators, teachers, and support staff. Many of the goals, objectives, and strategies align with the Texas LRPT. Feel free to view the technology plan listed below for details.
What is the current state of our technology plan?
Our current technology plan covers three years (2014 - 2017).
Is CCISD keeping up with network infrastructure upgrades as outlined in both plans?
- 100% of CCISD campuses have fast Internet access
- 90% of CCISD campuses have WIFI and fast internal networks (PC network drop)
- 100% of CCISD campuses have a fast connection back to the TSC Data Center
What are some of the areas that need improvement?
- just-in-time technical assistance
- equitable access to all learners and teachers