If you can not see this search box - please try using Firefox! By using this search and link, any purchases made through Amazon will help BJHS! Thank-you.
One thing about education…change is certain. We have been learning about and studying the new Common Core State Standards. This is a set of standards that over 30 states have adopted, Idaho being one of them. These standards are much more rigorous and help direct teachers “when to teach what”. The English/Language Arts Standards will require more writing across the curriculum. All content areas will be required to have students writing. The Math Standards will accelerate the learning process for our students.
I believe these standards will help our staff be more effective and will help our students reach their potential. Definitely exciting times!
Thank you for helping us Make a Difference with your children!
1. Students will have one week from the date the teacher posts the grades to get the zero made up.
2. If a teacher collects and assignment, but doesn't correct/enter it, he/she will use the green X to show that it has been collected. If a student doesn't turn it in, the teacher will use the tan box to show it is missing. This will be an indicator to both the student and the parents that it is being considered a zero and they have one week from that date to turn it in. The student will have until the end of the day on the day that the zero is due.
3. When the grade is made up, the teacher will use the red triangle designation to show that the grade is a made up "late" grade.
4. The grade the student receives on the zero make-up work will be reduced by 20%.
GUIDELINES FOR THE BJHS TALENT SHOW and AUDITION - 2014
Tryouts(Audition) Tuesday, March 11 and Wednesday, March 12 3:30-4:15
Talent Show is Tuesday, March 18th during 1st hour class time.
1. Performance needs to be 3 minutes or less. This includes set up and take down time.
2. If there is music, the music needs to be appropriate language. If the music has a parental awareness on it, it is probably inappropriate.
3. Dress for performing and dance outfits need to be in line with the school guidelines.
You must have all of your music, costume, and / or other props ready for the tryouts. (Pretend that the try-out IS your performance in front of the entire school. Have everything ready and everything with you that you need!) You will not be able to be in the talent show if you are missing important pieces for tryouts like the music you’re using, the costumes, clothing, performers, etc. We’d love to have great talent but if you’re not prepared at try-outs, our experience has shown, that you won’t be ready for the Talent Show performance either. Please be prepared at try-outs.
Bus Departure........3:30 pm & Return.............9:45 pm
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
Tuesday, February 18th, 2014
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Food, Games, Prizes, and DOUBLE AR points!!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Thursday, March 20th 4:00-9:00 pm
Friday, March 21st 7:00-9:00 am
Spring Break March 24-28.........ENJOY!
If you haven't set up a Username and Password in PowerSchool, please call the school to get that information.
Check out the "Athletics/Extra Curricular" link for more information on Girls Basketball, wrestling, and other BJHS sporting events.
As a district we will be implementing the "Common Core Standards". Please click for a link to their web site!