posted Feb 28, 2012, 9:31 AM by Kristen Kolenz
Case Western Reserve University users should understand:
- The new policy does not change the University’s agreement with Google Apps for Education or our Terms of Service. Google will continue to honor our confidentiality and security obligations.
- Google is not changing how personal information is shared outside of Google, or the measures taken to protect information.
- Google will not append cookies and “identifiers” to sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- Google is collecting information you give them, as well as your device’s log and location information, application numbers (OS type, browser version), locally cached data and cookies.
- Users may choose to disable some of the data gathering methods used by Google in the Google Dashboard.