Executive Technology Steering Committee Charge
The Executive Technology Steering Committee (ETSC) is the University’s senior IT governance group. The primary function of the ETSC is to align technology strategies and investments with the University’s strategic goals and priorities. It fulfills this role by establishing annual and long-range technology goals, adopting institution-wide technology standards and practices, approving major investments in technology and overseeing university-wide technology initiatives. ETSC also conducts regular reviews of the effectiveness of University technology services and monitors the outcomes from institutional technology investments.
ETSC oversees the University’s IT governance environment and is responsible for approving the charges and annual agenda for ITSPAC and its sub-committees. ETSC also consults as appropriate with the Faculty Senate sub-committee on Information Resources on decisions. The ETSC regularly commissions research by governance sub-committees and receives recommendations from ITSPAC or directly from a sub-committee for its consideration.
The Executive Technology Steering Committee’s members are the Executive vice President and Provost, the Senior Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Vice President for Administration and the Vice President for Information Technology Services and Chief Information Officer.
ETSC responsibilities include:
· Establishing principles and guidelines to inform technology priority setting across the university.
· Linking resource allocation decisions to technology strategies and priorities.
· Approving major technology investments, institution-wide initiatives, standards and policies.
· Approving the creation and dissolution of IT governance and advisory groups.
· Resolving resource conflicts or competing priorities.
· Monitoring the effectiveness of the university’s total investment in technology.
· Commissioning analysis and research pertaining to the effective use and support of technology at the University.
Term of Appointment
ETSC membership does not change.