The site provides the list of software applications available at HPC System. To get more
information on how to use the software please refer to Software Guide
- (Imp) Some of the Software may only be available in SLURM cluster (e.g. hpc1/hpc2). For the SLURM cluster (hpc1/hpc2), we currently don't have SLURM script for individual Software. Please visit HPC transitioning to SLURM GUIDE. This is the work in progress.
- To get the versions of the software installed in HPC, use the command "module avail". To check the dependency modules such as cmake, boost etc, load the depends module first "module load depends"
- The path of the executable and libraries of the <software> can be obtained using the comamd "module display <software>"
- The default binaries/executable (compiler or software) are available at /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin
- The default libraries are available at /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/lib64
- In case of specific software, you can install it on your home directory. Check the Software Installation Guide. If it is a generic software and you are having trouble installing it after following the instructions at Software Installation Guide, please contact us at
- If the Software available in HPC is the licensed one (see Software Guide), you need to explicitly request for it via email .
To maintain the licensed software for you, you would need to contact the vendor and find out about the software and its feasibility on the HPC (license model and control). We would ask that your PI would get the HPC membership (see HPC access policy
Browser/ PDF reader
Evince pdf/document reader
Text File Editor
Gvim/ VI editor
Compiler suites (C, C++, Fortran)
Code Synthesis XSD
openmpi (compiled with gcc)
(compiled with intel) -> this is the default module
mpich (compiled with gcc)
(compiled with intel)
OpenMP (gnu, intel, pgi)
Mathematica(need to install
math font on local machines)
R statistical package
ATLAS (yum install atlas-devel)
| Python Libraries:|
numpy, PyQt4, matplotlib, sip, OpenGL