The deacons of Carmel Baptist Church provide us with spiritual and service leadership.
We are seeking nominations of men who …
Biblical Guidance for Deacon Selection
1. A deacon must surrender to the leadership and power of the Holy Spirit and accept the Bible as the authority for personal conduct and church policy.
Qualifications of a Deacon
2. A deacon must meet the qualifications as set forth in 1 Timothy, Chapter 3.
3. A deacon must understand his position to be one of “ministering servant.”
4. A deacon must feel that the Baptist beliefs are the best expression of his Christian faith.
5. A deacon, after expressing his personal views and finding himself in the minority, must be willing to cooperate with the decision of the majority.
6. A deacon must be blameless, above reproach, and exemplary in all of his conduct, realizing he is responsible for his weaker brother in all of his actions.
7. A deacon must tithe at least one-tenth of his total income to the support of the Lord’s work through Carmel Baptist Church.
8. A deacon will be expected to support the total program of Carmel Baptist Church with prayers and attendance.
9. A deacon must agree to keep confidential the deliberations of the deacons’ meeting for the best interest of the church.
10. A deacon must have been a member of Carmel Baptist Church for at least one year.
11. A deacon must abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage and illegal drugs.
The deadline for all nominations is March 1, 2015
Click HERE to make your nominations.
The following are now serving or have served as active deacons in the past year and
SHOULD NOT be placed in nomination: