MSS is the oldest and largest associate of Caring Friends. Established in 1949 by the great humanist Baba Amte, the organisation started with the objective of providing leprosy patients humanitarian relief, medical treatment,training and rehabilitation. Today it also caters to the needs of the physically handicapped, visually challenged, deaf & mute, destitute children, senior citizens & primitive tribals of the Madia Gond community. Their motto is "Give them a chance not charity". With this perspective, they engage all the inmates in productive activities (mainly agriculture / horticulture/small scale industry activities) which enables them to earn their livelihood and maintain self dignity and respect. There are about 28 big and small projects and the total number of inmates is about 4500 / 5000. Funds are required to meet recurring expenses, reconstruction of old houses, and construction of new buildings for various projects, for various water harvesting and other projects in order to augment the production in agricultural, which is the main source of livelihood for most of the inmates and also upgrading other projects. Numerous prestigious national and international honours and awards have been conferred on Baba Amte and other members of the family.
Leprosy patients, physically handicapped, blind,deaf and mute, Sr.citizens & orphans, tribals’ medical care and education.
Dr.Vikas Amte, Secretary & Chief Functionary
Mr.Kaustubh Amte, Asst. Secretary
MAHAROGI SEWA SAMITI (MSS)
At & Post : ANANDWAN - 442 914
Via Warora , Dist: Chandrapur, Maharashtra State
Phone number : 91-7176-282034 / 282425
Bank Account / Donation details
The donations can be sent through Demand Draft (D.D.) and Cheque in the name of Maharogi Sewa Samiti, Warora.
Under Section 35AC-there is 100% Income Tax Exemption
- Have you worked with visually challenged children or reached out to the disabled and handicapped? We run schools for the deaf and mute, for the blind and a vocational training centre for the handicapped and school dropouts. We welcome teachers willing to give their time and knowledge.
- We are in the process of computerizing our budget. Are you a financial whiz passionate about numbers? You could count the blessings here.
- If you wish to take fashion to new frontiers, you could help us design clothes for our self-taught traveling orchestra, uniforms for the school children and unique ethnic dhurries, bed sheets, towels etc for our handlooms. You could hold a workshop and teach our budding seamstresses the basics of design.
- We have acres of fields, tilled with blood, sweat and tears over the years. If you are an agricultural expert, help us renew our knowledge and produce. We are open to holding training programmes in horticulture, vermiculture or anything that can open new vistas. You can also drop by for guest lectures at our agricultural college to motivate the students.
- Have you found better ways to handle waste in your community? Share the new concepts. We are constantly evolving ways to reuse, recycle and rehabilitate waste.
- We are looking to develop and modernize our communication. If you can contribute as a graphic designer, a writer or a photojournalist, join us in re-doing our website, designing brochures and documenting the life and times of Anandwan in words as well as pictures.
- If you are a computer professional, you can help us with the technical aspects of the new website and the upcoming Visitor's Center or enable our children and people to become computer literate.
- We welcome sports specialists who can add a new dimension to the lives of our blind and deaf-mute children by teaching them various outdoor sports.
- If food is your manna from the heavens, sprinkle some on us. Teach our kitchen staff new recipes, culinary management and organization. We provide two meals a day for almost 5,000 people.
- We run three hospitals. A leprosy hospital, a general OPD and 30 bedded indoor for common ailments with a small pathology and dental unit and an eye hospital well-equipped with modern diagnostic and surgical equipments. Become a medical volunteer or a nursing assistant.
- Bring a blank canvas and lots of colors. Paint our passion, our survival, our effort. Hold an art workshop, we already design handmade greeting cards and portraits from banana bark, we are open to innovations.
- Or simply drive in for a picnic. Watch our efficient eco-system at work and the fields of sunflowers that gaze up at the light. We rear our flora and fauna with care; bring binoculars to bird-watch and a basket of food to spread out under huge peepal trees