Setup canon com ij setup
What is Canon.com/ijsetup?
It is an easy way that provides a source to connect your Canon printer with Windows PC or Mac. Canon.com/ijsetup is a web address that provides access to download drivers and software for Canon printers. This site is helpful for all users who are installing the Canon printer for the first time or updating their drivers.
Things to do Before Setting up Canon Printer
- Please look for the model number of your printer before the setup process.
- Make sure that your device has enough storage space for the installation of the drivers.
- Check the power supply.
- Check if your device has an active internet connection for downloading the required files and the setup process.
- canon.com/ijsetup – Setting Up The Canon Printer on Windows
Canon IJ Setup is essential to download correct drivers from the correct website for the normal functionality of the printer. Let’s have a glance at how ij.start.canon helps users to download and install the Canon printer drivers with ease.
For Wireless Printers
Find the model number of your printer on the website and download the desired drivers for your printer.
Turn on the Canon Printer and make sure that it is properly connected to the power supply.
After ensuring the above, open the downloaded file of the driver setup and keep clicking on the “next” button till the screen navigates you to the option to choose “Wireless Setup”.
After selecting the Wireless Setup option, go to the screen of Canon Printer and select the Wifi Setup option.
Navigate to the “Device Settings” and click on OK.
Choose Device Setting Followed by “LAN Settings” and press the OK button.
After Selecting “LAN Setting’’ go to the “Wireless LAN Setup” and press OK. Let the printer search for the access point.
Ensure the WiFi Router has been turned off. Wait for the WiFi flash lamp to blink on the printer.
Select your wireless network from the available wireless networks and press OK.
If it asks for the WPA Key (WIFI Password), Enter the correct WiFi password and press OK.
Your printer will be connected to your WiFi network in a few moments.
In short, you need to open Wireless Setup> Device Settings> LAN Settings> Wireless LAN Setup> (Connect to WiFi).
For Wired Printers
Follow the steps below to Set up Canon Printers connected by USB to the Windows PC.
Download and install the printer drivers from canon.com/ijsetup and finish the installation process.
Thereafter, connect the printer to the CPU via USB cable.
Press The “Windows+R” button and you will be prompted to the ‘run’ box.
Type “Control Panel” in the run box from the windows search option.
Select Devices and Printers options. Your printer will be seen with a green tick mark.
If your printer is not added yet, click ‘Add printer‘ to add it manually.
Setting UP Canon Printers on Mac OS using canon.com/ijsetup
- First, download the setup driver for Mac through www.canon.com/ijsetup and proceed with the next step.
- Proceed with the same steps as discussed in the above section to connect the Canon printer to the WiFi network.
- After connecting the printer to a WiFi network. Turn on your Mac
- Click on the “Apple Icon” followed by “System Preferences…”
- Look for “Printers and Scanners’ in System Preferences Window
- Click on the ‘+‘ sign in the bottom left corner of the screen after which a pop-up window will appear.
Your printer will be shown in the left-hand pan window which is connected to the WiFi network
- Click on begin the setup process.
- The printer will be shown with a green checkmark once the setup process is done. And now it is ready to use.
- Download Canon Printer Driver for Windows Through ij.start.canon
- Open the browser and click on the address bar. Type the canon website start.canon
- Click on the ‘Setup’ option on the next screen.
- After selecting the Canon’s printer model number, click on the Go button.
- Select Windows Operating System from the next screen and click the download button.
- A file with the extension ‘.exe’ will be downloaded. Open the downloaded file.
- A pop-up screen with the “User Account Control” option will come on screen.
- Click Yes
- Click on Start setup.
*Use the same procedure for downloading drivers for Mac. The file will have a .dmg extension.
Installation Steps for Canon Printer Driver (Windows)
After downloading the driver file from the authorized website and accepting all options, you will be directed to choose your country/region. After selecting the country, accept the “License Agreement”. Now select the connection method as per your preference. Now the Canon printer driver will be installed on Windows. Click on ‘Install this driver software anyway’.