Welcome the Canajoharie Community Education Program
The Canajoharie Central School District is currently piloting community education courses for district residents. Last year, the district distributed a community survey to gauge interest in a community education program. Survey respondents indicated a high level of interest in technology classes and cooking/health-related programs. See below for a list of courses currently being offered. A new slate of courses is expected to be offered during the second half of the school year.
Click on the links below for more information and to register.
- Knitting (Instructor: Carol Balfe). This is a series of 3 knitting courses meant to teach knitting basics for newcomers and more advanced techniques for more advanced knitters.
- March 1, 15, and 29 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Canajoharie High School Family and Consumer Science Room
- Cost: Free
- Please register via the link above.
- SAT PREP 4 Seats Remain: Contact Mrs. Schwabrow at 673-6317 if you are interested! (Instructor: Abelson Test Prep) This will be a 10 week course that will prepare students for the SAT (course dates scheduled to prepare students for the June 3rd SAT)
- Wednesdays from 7:00pm -8:30pm (3/22; 3/29; 4/5; 4/12; 4/26; 5/3; 5/10; 5/17; 5/24; 5/31)
- Canajoharie High School
- Cost: $95/student (financial support available, please see Mrs. Lenz or Mrs. Schwabrow)
- Your seat is reserved once the registration form (above) and payment have been received.
- Self-Defense (Instructors: Chris Cuddy, Mike Malatino, and Tom Nethaway from Amsterdam Police Department) This will be a 2 hour course that will teach and allow participants to learn and practice self-defense tactics.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Canajoharie High School, basement wrestling room
- Cost: Free
- Please enroll using the link above if you plan on joining us!
- Technology Ambassadors 2 BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!! (Instructors: Canajoharie High School CSI students) This will be a 2 hour course that will teach and allow participants to learn and practice self-defense tactics.
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Arkell Center
- Cost: Free
- No need to sign up for this class, please feel free to join us that evening!
Check out what you missed!
- Future Classes:
- Healthy Cooking
- Basic Computer Applications
- Notary Public Preparation Class
- Pictures of our recent events:
Interested in Sharing Your Talent?
If you have a talent or area of interest that you would like to share please contact Jennifer Schwabrow at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire as to how to create a class.