Freshman English 9A
(616) 891-8129 x1444
Sign up for HOMEWORK text message alerts by clicking on THIS LINK
Sign up for my class on quizlet.com by clicking on THIS LINK
2nd Trimester Availability
I want to encourage students to take advantage of my office hours. I am available for students during the times listed below. If students require additional help on assignments, if they need to talk to me about making up a test or quiz, or if they have a question about something we covered during an absence, please arrange a time to meet with me outside of school hours.
- Except for Wednesday & Friday, I am available each morning from 7:00 - 7:35 in my classroom.
- I am available after school from 2:45-3:35. If you need help after school, please let me know during the school day so I can plan accordingly.
- THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- I am here to facilitate academic growth. My goal is to empower all students and make learning an enjoyable experience in which my students gain confidence through effort and hard work in order to demonstrate a mastery of essential reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- It is the student's responsibility to communicate with me after an absence to see what they missed and schedule a time to make up a test or quiz.
- All daily work is due the following day UNLESS stated otherwise. Work will be accepted as "late" for half-credit until the end of the week.
- Quizzes and tests can be made up after an absence for full credit if done so within three days from the absent date.
- Academics take precedence over athletics and other extracurricular activities.
Independent reading for 20 minutes per day. Don't forget! Your reading log is due every Monday.
Please consider donating to my classroom library initiative in one of two ways:
- First, I am accepting donations for my classroom library.
- Second, if you have novels in your home that are collecting dust, please consider sending them to school with your child and donating them to my classroom library. If you choose this option, feel free to leave a note, or have your son or daughter do so on the insider cover of each novel. It will serve as your “legacy” here at CHS!