Navigate to 'Settings', and choose 'Accounts and Sync'.
Press 'Add Account' at the bottom right of the screen.
A list of account to set up will now appear, click 'Mail' (with the white envelope icon).
Choose 'Other (POP3/IMAP)'.
Now enter your Cabrillo email address, including the '@cabrillo.edu' section, then your Cabrillo email password.
- For protocol, choose 'IMAP'.
- The email should be the same as you entered before, including the '@cabrillo.edu'. It should be automatically populated.
- The username should also be automatically populated - however, you should remove the '@cabrillo.edu' portion!
- The password is also the same, and should also be automatically populated.
- Change IMAP server to 'mail.cabrillo.edu'
- Security type should be 'SSL'
- Server port should be '993'
For outgoing settings:
- username should be the same as incoming (without the '@cabrillo.edu').
- password will be the same (and should be automatically populated).
- SMTP server should also be 'mail.cabrillo.edu'
- security type: 'SSL'
- Server port should be changed to '465'!
Almost there - now you just choose the names of the account.
Account name is how the account will be referred to within your phone, so make it whatever makes sense to you ('Cabrillo email' or something of the like). Or leave it how it is if you like.
Your name can also be left as is, or you can change it ('John Doe', 'Help Desk', whatever works...).
Now press 'Finish Setup', and you're done!
*note* sometimes is takes a few minutes for the account settings to go though; don't be worried!
Now that the server stuff is all configured, to access your Cabrillo email, simply navigate to the 'Mail' app provided on your Android device, and the mail should all show up.
For Android devices:
- Turn on WiFi
- Choose "secure-hawknet" from the list of available networks
- In the pop-up dialog, before you click "connect" choose:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA certificate: unspecified
- User certificate: unspecified
- Identity: <enter your username here>
- Anonymous identity: <leave blank>
- Password: <enter your password here>
- If prompted, accept the idengines.cabrillo.edu certificate
*Note:* to configure Google Calendars on your phone requires you to be on campus, because part of the process involves logging into the Active Directory password system (which must be done from a networked computer on campus).
Navigate to "Settings", then click on "Mail, Contact, Calendars".
Hit "Add Account".
In the "Exchange" menu:
For "Email", type your Cabrillo email address, making sure to include the "@cabrillo.edu" part.
For domain, enter "cabrillo.edu".
For username, enter your Cabrillo username, which should be the same as your email (minus the '@cabrillo.edu part).
Enter your Cabrillo account password.
We recommend changing the description to "Cabrillo Google".
Once you hit "Next", the "Server" area will appear. Enter "m.google.com" in the new server field.
In the next section, "Exchange":
Turn Mail "OFF".
Turn Contacts "OFF".
Turn Calendars "ON".
Turn Reminders "OFF".
After you hit save, a box will pop up saying "Password Incorrect" - do not be alarmed! This is normal.
The next step is going to be to verify your Active Directory password - this is done as an authentication check to maintain security. It must be done from your workstation on Cabrillo's campus (while connected to Cabrillo's network) - it cannot be done from the iPhone or iPad you are configuring. Go to:
and go through the process of verifying your password by re-entering it into the 'password' field.
Once this step is complete, navigate back to the settings for Google Calendar, and reenter the password. Active Directory will now have verified the security of the Google Calendar as accessed from your phone, and the phone settings should now accept your password. However, as mentioned above, it can take some time - you're phone will work fine during this time, just give it a bit before the calendar becomes synced.
And that's that! Please contact the Help Desk is you have any issues.
The process of connecting iPhones and iPads is basically exactly the same; the menus have the same layout, and the same settings are required.
Start by clicking the following “Settings” and “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
Select "Add Mail Account"
For name, write your actual name, like "Firstname Lastname".
For email, write your full Cabrillo email, including the '@cabrillo.edu'
Then enter your Cabrillo network/email password.
For description, "Cabrillo Email" works well; make sure you can differentiate it from other accounts you may have on your phone.
Scroll down further; the next setup section is "Incoming Mail Server".
Host Name is always "mail.cabrillo.edu".
For username, simply enter your Cabrillo username, which will be the same as your email, but without the '@cabrillo.edu' part.
For password, enter the same password as you entered above.
The 'Outgoing Main Server' info is identical to what you just inputted above in 'Incoming Mail Server'.
In the next section, titled "IMAP", turn Mail to the "ON" position and Notes to the "OFF" position.
Now hit "Save" and you're finished!