2. Select the 'Mail' menu and click 'Preferences' :
3. In the accounts dialog that opens, click the "Advanced" button", select your Cabrillo IMAP account, and check the "Use SSL" checkbox.
4. Then click the "Account Information" button, and inside the "Account Information" pane, click the "Server Settings..." button.
5. Check the "Use Secure Sockets Layer" in the dialog that opens
6. Click 'OK' and close the 'Accounts' window, saving changes when prompted.
NOTE: If this computer is used at home or on another network away from Cabrillo, you may be required to use your Internet Service Provider's outgoing mail server. If you have trouble sending mail with the above settings, and you are not on Campus, contact your ISP for assistance.