Welcome to my page! My name is Bethany Phelps
and I am the counselor at Mountain Crest
Elementary School. I have been the counselor at
MCES for 4 years and hope to be there many more!
Our school has around 560 students whom I serve.
We are a very diverse school where every student is
unique and brings something wonderful to our school!
Some of the services I provide at MCES:
1. Individual Counseling for students
2. Classroom guidance lessons on various topics
3. Small group counseling
4. Crisis intervention
5. Circle of Parents - Co-Facilitator
6. Cougar Cafe - Special lunch for a few students who are chosen by their teachers as having made good choices for the month
7. Cougar Cash Store - students are able to buy prizes with special tickets they have earned once a month
8. Duty Free Lunch
9. BUCM Food Distribution for families
10. Food Bookbag Distribution for 100 students every two weeks
Burke County Public Schools take all allegations of bullying seriously when reported to any staff or administration at the school. Upon receipt of the complaint, the principal or designee will investigate the merits of the complaint. The parent and student will be notified within 24 hours regarding the finding. Please let administration know if you have any concerns regarding bullying at the school.
**Please visit the bullying tab at the top of this page for more information regarding bullying