- I agree to pay a fee of $20 to help cover garden maintenance and water expenses.
- I agree to have something planted in the garden by June 1, 2014 and keep it planted all summer long. No trees, illegal plants or permanent structures are allowed on any plot.
- If I must abandon my plot for any reason, I agree to notify the garden coordinator. If my plot becomes unkempt, I understand I will be given 2 weeks notice to clean it up. At that time, it will be re-assigned or tilled in.
I agree to keep weeds at a minimum and maintain
the areas immediately surrounding my plot. I also agree to keep trash and litter out of
the plot, as well as from adjacent pathways and fences.
- I agree to harvest only my own crops unless given permission by another plot user.
- Only organic
nutrients and pest controls are allowed in the garden. When in doubt about a product or method,
check with a garden coordinator.
- Metal stakes, rebar, and plastic ground cover are NOT allowed. Newspaper is very good ground cover and is also biodegradable. Wooden stakes won't harm rototillers if forgotten.
- Out of respect for other gardeners please do NOT allow pets or children to run around in the garden areas.
- I agree to participate in the fall cleanup of the garden. All non-biodegradable garden supplies must be removed by October 31st.
- The garden is only open from dawn until dusk. After sunset the garden will be closed out of respect to it's neighbors.
- I am responsible for providing my own tools, seeds, fertilizer, and any other gardening equipment.
- I agree to follow posted rules regarding compost, mulch, and water usage.
- If the garden is flooded the please do not enter.
- The house located on the east side of the garden is a private residence. Please respect the property by not blocking the alleyway or the driveway, driving or walking on the lawn, or making loud noises by before 9am.
- I understand that neither the Lewisburg
Community Garden, or the Borough of Lewisburg are responsible for my actions. I THEREFORE AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE LEWIBURG
COMMUNITY GARDEN AND BOROUGH OF LEWISBURG FOR ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR
CLAIM THAT OCCURS IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE GARDEN BY ME OR ANY OF MY