TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
Department of Public Works Conference Room
March 22, 2011
1. Convene meeting of TAC at 4:15 p.m. (no quorum)
2. General Discussion
a. Introduction of Mary Malloy from HBC and items that she is tackling while consulting with Burlington Telecom including:
1. Reviewing pricing structure and costs of services. There is a possibility of rate reductions but too early to tell what this could be.
2. Already instituted price reductions for Internet.
3. Marketing to the student population and landlords.
4. A marketing plan for BT.
5. Local involvement using the catch-phrases “BT Advantage” and “Believe in BT.”
6. Churn Analysis
3. General Question and Answer
a. Pocius: How is BT addressing the unserved areas in the marketing approach?
i. Barraclough mentioned that the decision about whether to continue the build-out will be in the investor’s court.
ii. Malloy explained how the Customer Service Representative would respond if/when a potential customer contacted BT and their area was not yet serviceable.
b. McIntyre: Asked that BT provide the TAC with any pricing changes prior to providing these to the public.
i. Barraclough agreed to do so.
c. McIntyre: Inquired as to whether there were more than 2 Letter’s of Intent as reported in the Burlington Free Press.
i. Barraclough explained that within the next 30-45 days D&F expects possibly one or two more LOI’s and they continue to work with the two companies that have already provided LOI’s.
4. Adjournment at 5:00