TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
Department of Public Works Conference Room
February 22, 2011
1. Convene meeting of TAC at 4:21 p.m. (no quorum)
a. Introduction of Mary Malloy from HBC who is working with BT’s Customer Service Department and on an updated marketing plan for Burlington Telecom.
b. Discussion with Evans regarding BT’s talks with the University of Vermont and the Landlord Referral Program.
1. Flora mentioned BT’s relationship with Champlain College
2. Malloy mentioned that BT is looking for creative artists and developers for marketing. Exchange services for services.
a. Hancock mentioned Lynn Severance as a possible suggestion.
3. Open Discussion
a. Hancock: Where are we at with our current customer base?
1. Malloy mentioned that BT is seeing the concerns about whether or not BT is closing starting to dissipate and people are signing up for service
4. BTAC and Marketing
a. Evans: BTAC members should share what they are hearing on the street with BT. Pass those complaints along.
b. Hancock: mentioned the availability of service on Church Street.
1. Flora stated that it is expensive to build into some areas including Church Street but whenever possible if other City departments are doing work on the street, we will try to get into the project.
c. Mentioned the new internet pricing as prices are decreasing.
1. Jewett mentioned that BT should have low cost bundles.
5. Adjournment at 5:11 p.m.