TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
Burlington Telecom Conference Room
October 26, 2010
Present: Pete Jewett, Steve McIntyre, Geoffrey Wyman, Tim George, Greg Hancock
Absent: Tom Hyde and David Pocius
Also in Attendance:
Burlington Telecom: Amber Thibeault
Burlington Telecom: Mike Flora
Dorman & Fawcett: Stephen Barraclough
1. Convene meeting of TAC at 4:06 p.m.
2. Approval of today's Agenda by the TAC
Amended agenda to include the tour of the facilities at the end of the meeting
No MOTION recorded but unanimous vote to approve the agenda’s for the meeting.
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of Minutes from the prior TAC meeting.
No MOTION recorded but unanimous vote to approve the minutes from the prior TAC meeting.
5. FSTV Presentation by the General Manager
a. Presentation on FSTV carriage by the General Manager Jon Stout. See materials provided to TAC members.
b. Public Forum on FSTV: members of the public spoke about adding FSTV to the line-up.
c. Discussion with TAC members about whether or not they were in favor of putting FSTV on BT network.
1. Stephen Barraclough mentioned that BT is engaged in operational items and will certainly add FSTV to the list of to-do items but this is not a priority at this time; FSTV was not part of the budget for FY11.
3. Discussion about the TAC recommending to D&F who would in turn recommend to the new General Manager, the addition of FSTV. Barraclough stated that D&F will make no programming recommendations. General Manager should have their own viewpoints.
4. George expressed concern with whether or not the TAC should interject into the recommendation of whether to carry FSTV or just allow for a forum to discuss. The channel carriage policy written by the TAC and the CAC is silent.
5. MOTION by McIntyre to recommend FSTV, seconded by Wyman. George stated that he was not going to take a position. McIntyre withdrew his motion.
6. Question and Answer with Stephen
a. McIntyre: When is new management coming on board?
1. Barraclough – first quarter next year.
b. Jewett: What is on the to-do list?
1. Barraclough – thorough analysis of BT’s entire operation.
c. Barraclough briefly discussed HBC and Gary Evans role at Burlington Telecom.
d. George asked to modify agenda to include an executive session discussion.
e. Brief discussion about the PEG channels working with Burlington Telecom.
7. Tour of the facilities
a. TAC members were taken on a tour of the facilities by Mike Flora.
8. Executive Session
MOTION by McIntyre, seconded by George, to go into executive session to discuss contract negotiations, the premature disclosure of which would put Burlington Telecom at a competitive disadvantage. Entered into executive session at 5:44 p.m. MOTION to come out of executive session at 6:25 p.m.
MOTION to adjourn at 6:25 p.m. by McIntyre, seconded by Jewett. Unanimous.