Minutes‎ > ‎

2010-07-27

TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
REGULAR MEETING
Department of Public Works Conference Room
July 27, 2010

Minutes

TAC Members:
Present: Pete Jewett, Steve McIntyre, Tom Hyde, Tim George, David Pocius, Geoffrey Wyman
Absent: Greg Hancock

Also in Attendance:
Burlington Telecom: Amber Thibeault
Burlington Telecom: Michael Flora


1.  Convene meeting of TAC at 4:02 p.m.
 
2.  Approval of today's Agenda by the TAC
MOTION by WYMAN, seconded by JEWETT to approve the Agenda for today’s TAC meeting as presented. Unanimous.
      
3. Public Forum
Wyman asked that BT post notice of upcoming TAC meetings at the BT office. The meeting is posted on the City’s website, in the Burlington Free Press and on Burlington Telecom’s website but BT will take this under advisement.

Discussion related to posting notices of TAC meetings and solicitation of comments for the TAC meetings on the Front Porch Forum. TAC will develop standard language for these postings. Hyde to work on this language and present draft to TAC at next meeting.

4. Approval of Minutes from the prior TAC meeting
MOTION by HYDE, seconded by GEORGE to approve the minutes from the prior TAC meeting. Unanimous.

5.  Election of Chair and Vice Chair
MOTION by WYMAN, seconded by GEORGE to nominate Steve McIntyre as the Chair of the TAC. Unanimous.

MOTION by MCINTYRE, seconded by GEORGE to nominate Geoff Wyman as the Vice-Chair of the TAC. Unanimous.
 
6. CCTV Taping of August and September meetings
Discussion about the location of the August and September meetings and their taping by CCTV. Wyman will coordinate with CCTV for the taping of these meetings which will be held at the conference room at DPW.

7. Carriage Policy
The policy is currently still under review by Burlington Telecom.
 Pocius asked that this item remain on the agenda until resolved.

8. Policy on Traffic Shaping, Throttling, with regards to Net Neutrality
BT will take it under advisement to consider writing this policy as one currently does not exist.

9. Open Discussion to other topics
Discussion about the quarterly reports to the City Council. McIntyre to present plan at the next meeting regarding these reports. Next quarterly report will be in September 2010.
Discussion regarding the City Council’s resolution in July for goal setting by the boards/commissions. Report is to be presented at the October 6th City Council meeting. TAC will work on the goals at the August meeting. BT to forward a copy of the resolution to TAC members.

10. General Manager’s Report, Part 1
None

11. General Manager’s Report, Part 2 (Executive Session, if necessary)
None

12. Adjournment
MOTION to adjourn at 4:25 p.m. by HYDE, seconded by MCINTYRE. Unanimous.

 


 

 

 

Comments