Minutes‎ > ‎

2010-06-22

TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
REGULAR MEETING
Department of Public Works Conference Room
June 22, 2010

Minutes

TAC Members:
Present: Pete Jewett, Steve McIntyre, Tom Hyde (arrived at 4:40 p.m.) and Tim George 
Absent: Jan Schultz, David Pocius and Geoffrey Wyman 

Also in Attendance:
Burlington Telecom: Amber Thibeault
Burlington Telecom: Christopher Burns


1.  Convene meeting of TAC at 4:20 p.m.
 
2.  Approval of today's Agenda by the TAC
Voted upon later in the meeting once a quorum was achieved.
MOTION by JEWETT, seconded by GEORGE to approve the Agenda for today’s TAC meeting as presented. Unanimous. 
       
3. Public Forum
None 

4. Approval of Minutes from the prior TAC meeting
Voted upon later in the meeting once a quorum was achieved.
MOTION by JEWETT, seconded by GEORGE to approve the minutes from the prior TAC meeting. Unanimous. 

5.  Quarterly Report Discussion
a.. George: Quarterly reports were meant to be a prospective forward looking document, not a recap.
b. Jewett: Quarterly reports should be assigned to a specific person.
c. McIntyre: Will develop a plan for the quarterly reports and distribute the plan at the next TAC meeting.
6. Google Site Discussion
a. Discussion regarding moving forward with a public site for the TAC. The website will contain minutes and agendas but no public comments. McIntyre will purchase domain name and BT will reimburse for the cost of the domain name. 

7. Open Discussion to Other Topics
None

8. General Manager’s Report – Part 1
a. BT responded to the Motion for Summary Judgment to the Public Service Board.
b. Continue to work with Dorman & Fawcett.
c. BT is working on the close out of FY10.
d. Brief discussion regarding the WCAX interview on internet pricing.
e. BT pursing non-profit conversations
f. BT is continuing to work on being more integrated in the community.  
g. There was a brief discussion about BT focusing on FPF.
h. Bundle sales are good. May/June high months for disconnect due to college students moving out of the area but install load has doubled in the last month.
McIntyre: Mentioned the lack of activity on the Twitter account. Suggests BT use the account for VOD announcements and promotions. 
George: Discussed metrics. BT to forward documents in the Osier case and balance sheet and income statement for last month.
Hyde: Discussion around members of the TAC talking to the press. The TAC agreed that when possible TAC members that are contacted by the press should contact other members of the TAC and issue a joint release but if this is not possible then TAC members shall use their best judgment regarding these conversations. 
Burns asked that TAC members share their viewpoints with BT.

9. General Manager’s Report – Part 2 Executive Session.
None

10. Adjournment  
MOTION to adjourn at 5:03 p.m. by GEORGE, seconded by JEWETT. Unanimous.
Comments