Meeting of the Telecommunications Advisory Committee (TAC)
Burlington Telecom, 200 Church St, Burlington, Vermont
Tuesday July 24, 2012
1. Convene (approximately 4:00 pm)
2. Public Forum
3. Discussion Topics
a. Open Discussion
Questions for discussion:
- Will Burlington Telecom be sold off?
- How can we get more information from the Blue Ribbon commission about the process, where we are in it, and what we can expect or plan for?
- What, exactly, is our refinancing situation right now?
- What is the legal situation right now and how does it impact the refinancing situation?
- What are the long-term prospects for continued public ownership of BT?
- What amount of subscriber growth is projected to be needed to create and maintain revenue growth?
- What is our current marketing plan and budget?
Other suggestions for discussion:
- BT "branding"
- Public WIFI locations and access (eg., why North Beach Campground and not North Beach? Can we expand locations?)
- Installation methods: why isn't BT installing wired ports in junction boxes or even surface-mounted boxes? Right now, the installers drill a hole in the floor, stick the ethernet cable through, and terminate it with a plug.
- Increasing public participation in BTAC meetings: advertise more widely? change the location?
b. Website Progress
4. Discuss & Vote to Approve Annual Report
5. BTAC Management Report -