The Site Layout section allows you to control site features which appear on every page of your site.
- You can change your logo and change your sidebar location.
- Additionally you can add, remove and update sidebar elements like text boxes, navigation and countdowns.
- Select the Site layout tab under the Site appearance section.
- By clicking "Change site layout," you can change several aspects of your site:
- Site width: You can set your site's width to a specific number of pixels or to the default width of your theme. We recommend that you leave this at the default width for the theme you have selected.
- Header: You can check the box next to Header if you would like to have a header for your site. If you choose to have a header, you can specify the header's dimensions and how it should be aligned. There is more information relating to the header on the Header page.
- Horizontal navigation bar: If you would like a horizontal navigation bar, click the box next to Horizontal navigation bar. Usually, a site has either a horizontal navigation bar or a sidebar.
- Sidebar: You can choose whether you want a sidebar on your site by checking or unchecking the box next to Sidebar. If you choose to have a sidebar, you can also set its width and choose whether it should be on the left or right side of your site. The Sidebar topic also covers the related area of the site navigation tool. There is more information relating to the sidebar and the navigation gadget on the Sidebar page.
- Footer: You can choose whether you want a footer on your site by checking or unchecking the box next to Footer. If you choose to have a site footer, you can also set its height or have Google automatically adjust its height according to the footer content. There is more information relating to the header on the Footer page.
- To modify the options for searching your site, click "Configure Search." You can then choose between several options:
- Enable search: This option turns search on or off.
- Search providers: This allows you to specify whether visitors to your site can search your site, Google.com, or both.
- Advanced tab: Here, you can add other custom searches by clicking "Add provider" then specifying which search engine you would like to use and which sites you would like to include in the search.