Sharing your Calendar
- For all of the club events we would recommend that you set the default privacy settings to public.
- In the calendar list on the left, click on the down-arrow button next to the appropriate calendar, then select Share this calendar.
- Select “Make this calendar public”.
- If you don't want others to view the details of your events, select “See only free/busy (hide details)”.
- Keep in mind that making your calendar public will make all of your events visible to the world, including via Google search.
- In order for people to receive SMS and email notifications from a Google calendar they have to subscribe to the relevant calendar.
- You can help this process along if on the “Share this calendar” tab under the share with specific people you enter their email address.
- To subscribe to a Google Calendar you have to have Google Calendar account.
- If someone has a @gaa.ie or a @gmail.com email address they will automatically have a Google Calendar account associated with this email address.
- If someone doesn't have a Google email account but has a different email account, say for example a Hotmail account, they can still set up a Google Calendar account relatively hassle free. When you enter their address in the share this calendar section they will receive an email saying.
- “I've been using Google Calendar to organize my calendar, find interesting events, and share my schedule with friends and family members. I thought you might like to use Google Calendar, too. Default.firstname.lastname@example.org recommends that you use Google Calendar. To accept this invitation and register for an account, please visit: Google Calendar helps you keep track of everything going on in your life and those of the important people around you, and also help you discover interesting things to do with your time.”
- When they click on the link in this email after the please visit section they will be presented with the chance to create a Google Account.
- Once they complete this process they can then subscribe to the relevant calendar and verify their mobile phone to receive updates from the subscribed calendar.