Out students of the Month are:Morgan H, Madey M
- 7th graders will be working on tables, graphs and linear relationships.
- 8th graders will be working on mathematical models.
- Phoenix scientists are learning all about energy.
- They have learned about potential and kinetic energy.
- They just finished a project on the six types of energy.
- Next they will be learning about heat transfer.
- Phoenix students have finished their unit on Ancient Egypt.
- Students will study the geography of Africa.
- Students will study some of the ancient kingdoms and empires of Africa.
- Students will then study the Ancient Greeks.
- Students will learn about the rise of Greek civilization, it's geography, governments (city-states), mythology, philosophy, architecture and development of democracy.
- Complete and perfect a four-or-five paragraph essay about the novel Stargirl and their own experiences in middle school.
- Create a cartouche using hieroglyphics from ancient times.
- Continue to read for homework 2 1/2 hours a week.
- Begin analyzing Greek myths.