Mrs. Barca Mr. Ellett Mr. Godinez Ms. Leiber
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Fitness Lab Team Sports Health/Team Sports Team Sports/Health
Physical/Health Education at Blackhawk
Middle School consists of three components:
- Team Sports includes instruction in the following areas:
- Team Building
- Fitness Lab engages students in activities which promote:
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Muscular endurance
- Core strength
- Appreciation for lifelong fitness and overall health
- Health develops an understanding of a variety of health related areas:
- 6th grade: Health and wellness, the digestive system and nutrition.
- 7th grade: Promoting healthy behaviors, the circulatory and respiratory systems and the effects of tobacco on the body
- 8th grade: Reproductive system and sex education, and the nervous system and the effects of drugs and alcohol on the body.