Check out our Facebook page!!!
The vision of BSAP is to see a generation of African-Americans and people of African descent who are graduate students, faculty, and/or professional students being transformed by Christ, being renewed in their academic pursuits or professional life, and becoming agents of transformation within the African-American and African communities, the church and the world through
- Spiritual Formation
- Ethnic Integrity
- Academic and Professional Integration
- Church Participation
- Partnership and collaboration
- Collaboration with other professional associations
Friday April 4, 2014 - Saturday April 5, 2014: Black Scholars and Professionals (BSAP) Conference:
Love In The Academy? Love In The Profession? Do They Exist?
All alumni and friends - blessed
through the ministries of Dr. Alice Brown-Collins - which includes over
seventeen years of serice with African American Campus Ministries
Coalition (AACMC) and other InterVarsity ministries - are invited to
Here are some of the other activities that we sponsor:
- Bible Study
- Outreach and Social Events
- Global Missions Projects
- Small Groups for Men and/or Women
- Personal and Professional Advising
- Future Groups for People wanting to learn about Jesus
- Future Groups for Internationals
- BSAP Australia Global Project
- Prayer Support: BSAP needs a team of people who will surround BSAP with prayer and will pray for BSAP’s future and growth.
- Financial Support: BSAP needs to raise financial support for the ministry and needs individuals who will commit to support the ministry through their giving. To give online please go to: http://www.intervarsity.org/donate.
- Staff and Volunteers: BSAP needs people who will donate their time and ability to serving the ministry.
Visit our staff page for information about our staff members.
BSAP has been a great experience! I was blessed to be able to meet other women facing similar struggles and challenges in life and work. We were challenged to think about our everyday lives and various disciplines in terms of God's kingdom; helping us to grow in faith, calling, and life direction. Also, we were able to hear and share testimony and exhortation about overcoming obstacles. Although new, the BSAP group already feels like family!
-Marisha Collins, PhD Candidate in Biology at Boston College
The Black Scholars and Professionals Ministry of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is helping Black students and faculty realize their full potential as disciples of Jesus Christ. We're teaching them to transform the lives of the people around them by following Jesus with passion and excellence. We're challenging them to place their academic and professional training at the service of God's Kingdom.
-Rocklyn Clarke, Pastor of Life Church Ministries, Inc. in Dorchester, MA
From my early academic years as a freshman at MIT through the new challenges as a junior faculty member at Tufts University, I have really seen God's grace poured out in my life through Pastor Alice's ministry and BSAP. Every gathering always leaves me with hope and faith as I hear the common struggles that we face as Christians and hear the testimonies about God's goodness and faithfulness. BSAP gives me the strength to keep getting up!
- Dr. Valencia Joyner, Professor at Tufts University
Alice Brown-Collins, PhD
Associate Regional Director,
100 Regal Street
Holliston, MA 01706