Previous Nationwide Winners (1998-2012):
William Monroe Winners:
- Alex B.: Finalist for “The Impact of Elements, Seed Selection, Precipitation, and Soil pH on Grass Longevity”
- Michael A.: Semi-finalist for “The Ecosystem of my Creek”
- Elizabeth D: Semi-finalist for “CREP: Aid for the Environment”
- Josephine H: Semi-finalist for “The Causes for Death in Hemlock Trees”
- Briana L: Semi-finalist for “Human Impact on Water Quality”
- Megan F: Semi-finalist for “Why is There Comparatively More Open Space in a Coniferous Forest than a Deciduous Forest”
- Thomas W: Semi-finalist for “Backyard Birds”
Megan L.: Finalist for “Thermotropic Leaf Movement in Rhododendrons as an accurate thermometer”
Jill W.: Semi-finalist for “Managed Lakes vs. Non-managed lakes”
Richard T.: Semi-finalist for “The Enigmatic Beaver”
Aubrey K.: Semi-finalist for “Mountain Laurel’s Growth”
Edward M.: Semi-finalist for “The Effect of a Rusted Culvert on the pH of a River”
- Nathan M.: Finalist for "Monitoring the Preferred Diets of Local Hummingbirds"
- Brett S.: Semi-Finalist for "What is the Reason?"
- Carrie D.: Semi-Finalist for "Studying Factors that Affect the Health of Local Creeks"
- Christina H.: Semi-Finalist for "Vegetation Indication?
- Noah H.: Semi-Finalist for “How does the weather affect the pH of Deer Lake?”
- Julia H.: Semi-Finalist for “Soil Study”
- Victoria E.: Semi-Finalist for "Vitamin D's effect on radishes"
- Andrea T.: Finalist for "What type of grass grows best in Virginia's soil?"
- Jessica F.: Semi-Finalist for "Water Pollution: A Comparison of Three Creeks"
- Tyler M.: Semi-Finalist for "How does Turbidity Affect Sunfish Feeding?"
- Maria Wright: Semi-Finalist for "The ground ate my
- Lindsay Knights: Semi-Finalist for "The grass is always greener
in central Virginia: Testing grass seed types in red clay soil"
- Grace Talley: Semi-Finalist for "Which grass is best for my
- Isaac McSherry: Semi-Finalist for “The Effect of Lights on
the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug