allows students and professors to store repositories of files within
the site. There are three different types of files: personal files,
group files, and course files. Get instructed:
Uploading and Organizing Personal Files
You can upload any files you wish to have access to from Canvas.
- Select the Settings link in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the Files link in the left-hand side of the page to open up your personal file repository.
Accessing Course Files and Group Files
- Select Add Files and
select the desired file from the pop-up screen to upload. This file
will now be accessible by logging into Canvas from any computer.
- When using Firefox, you can upload files faster by dragging and dropping files into the white space in the files box in the center of the screen.
- Click on the zipper icon next to Add Folder to download all files from the current file view as a .zip file.
- Select Add Folder to create folders to organize your files.
- Title the folder.
- Upload files into the new folder.
Here you can view all of the files that your professor has uploaded or your group members have added. You cannot upload files to your course files page.
- Select the
name of the course or the group from the Courses/Groups drop-down menu,
- Select Files from the left-hand menu.
can view the files from all of your courses and groups from the
any files page, including your personal files, course files, and group
You can upload files in your groups to share with the rest of the group.
- Select the see files for all your courses/groups link on the bottom right hand corner of the files box. File folders for each of your classes will appear in the left sidebar.
- Select the course folder to view all the files that your
professor or group has uploaded.
- Select Add Files.
- Select the desired file from the popup box.
Want more info on groups? This guide is totally rad. So is this vid: