The Calendar tool in Canvas allows you to view and organize all upcoming events and assignments by date.
Navigating the Calendar
- Once you’ve logged into Canvas, select Calendar from the top menu to view this month’s calendar.
- Click the arrows next to the month’s name to view different months.
calendar shows all of the events and assignments for your courses,
which are listed on the right side of the screen. You also have a
remove one of the courses from the calendar view, uncheck the box to
the left of the name of the course or click on the name of the course.
- Click the Add Event icon, or on any date on the main calendar, to add an event to your personal calendar.
- Enter the title of the event, the date, and the time in the pop-up box.
- Submit the event or select more options to use the Rich Content Editor to make an in-depth description of the event using text, images, videos, and links.
Syncing the Canvas Calendar with Google Calendar
- Select one of the events or assignments on the calendar to view more information.
- Select the Full Details link to view more information about the event or assignment.
- Select he Calendar Events breadcrumb to return to your main calendar.
- Select Calendar Feed from the right sidebar and copy the link in the box that appears.
- Navigate to your Google Calendar through your Gmail account.
- Click on the arrow next to Other calendars.
- Select Add by URL from the dropdown menu.
- Paste the URL in the field.