This page has moved to the IT Knowledgebase
2. Publicly viewable course content
**NOTE: "Public means public to Brown users only, not publicly available to the world"
Note: students can not participate in discussions nor can they submit assignments
How do I make my course publicly viewable?
- Visitors have access to left navigation tools (except Grades, People, Chat, and Conferences)
- Visitors can see Assignment details but cannot submit an Assignment
- Visitors can view course Files (Docs, PDFs, PowerPoints, images)
- The course is not searchable by people outside Brown via Google or other search engines. It is only accessible by the direct URL that you provide to the course.
- Log into Canvas: http://canvas.brown.edu
- Select your course from the "Courses" top navigation.
- From the left toolbar, select the "Settings" tool.
- Under "Course Details", click on the "Edit Course Details" button.
- Under the "Visibility" option, select the checkbox:
- "Make this course publicly visible (student data will remain private)"
- Click on the "Update Course Details" button.
- You may choose to keep your course publicly viewable. Anyone with the URL can view the course.
View a video tutorial of these instructions