When you create new
announcements, pages, discussions, and assignments, you can record or upload
audio or video media to present to your students through the Rich Content
Editor. When using the SpeedGrader, you will also have the option to record or
upload media to attach to your comments on students' assignments.
- Navigate to the Rich Content
- Click on the Record/Upload
Media icon from the horizontal sidebar.
- Choose whether you want to upload
media or record media in the popup box.
Uploading Audio or Video
- Select the Upload
Media tab to upload a media file.
- Choose whether you wish to Select
Audio File or Select Video File.
- Select the media file you wish to
upload from the popup box.
- Click Open when
you make your selection.
- Wait for the media file to upload
and view its progress with the status bar in the popup window. The window
will close when the download is finished.
Recording Audio or Video
- Select the Record
Media tab from the popup box to record a media file.
- Click on Allow in
the popup box to allow Canvas to access your computer's webcam and
- Click on the video camera icon on
the left side of the popup box to record a video.
- Click anywhere on the video screen
to start recording your video.
- Click the stop button when you
have finished your recording.
- Click on the microphone icon from
the Record Media popup box to record audio.
- Click anywhere in the black box to
begin your recording.
- Click again, either in the box or
on the stop button, to stop the recording.
- Click the play button in the popup
box to preview the audio or video recording.
- Click Save when
you are satisfied with your entry to embed the video into your entry.
remove the recording, select the file and click the broken link icon in the
Click here to learn more about building
Click here to learn more about creating
Click here to learn more about posting