GMail is a web-based mail tool and is the heart of Google Apps.
Easy to use and accessible from any computer, GMail at Brown University is
nearly identical to the public version of GMail you may already be
Some of the key differences from other mail systems (e.g. Outlook) are:
- Accessible from any computer with a browser and an internet connection
- Uses conversation threads to group messages by subject
- Uses labels instead of folders to categorize messages
- GTalk (instant messaging) built right in and includes voice and video chat
- Offline mode and other Labs features extend the system and add new capabilities
The login page for your email account is http://gmail.brown.edu
. The day that you migrate, you will receive login instructions. Help is
available from the link in the upper right and from there you can
access the Help Center itself or watch a series of video overviews
describing the basic features and functionality of GMail.