1. On your Blackberry device, go to the Home screen by clicking the Menu button.
2. At the Home screen, select the Setup Icon (could also be called Settings).
3. Go to Personal Email Set Up (could also be called Manage Internet Email or Email Setup). Doing so will connect you to the Blackberry Internet Service Site to add the email account.
4. Select Add to create a new email account (could also be called Add My Existing Email Account)
5. You may an extra screen, if so choose Other and click Next.
6. The key to this process is to use a dummy brown.edu email address at first. In the Email address field, put in a fake email address ending in @brown.edu and password then click Next.
The BIS utility will attempt to resolve the bogus email address, but it will not be able to and will timeout (can take up to 60 seconds).
7. After you get the error indicating that it was not able to configure the email account, you’ll get a screen that looks something like the image below. Choose I will provide the settings to add this email account and then Next.
8. Click Next to accept the default options in the next 2-3 screens and you will be taken to a configuration page.
. Use the following settings to configure your email account:
Email Address: Your Full Brown Email Address (Josiah_Carberry@brown.edu)
Username: Your full Brown Email Address (Josiah_Carberry@brown.edu)
Password: Your Gmail@Brown Password
Email Server: imap.gmail.com
Click Next when you have entered this information.
10. You will receive a confirmation that the account has been successfully created.
Calendar/Contacts: Google Apps Sync tool for Blackberry
First, you'll need to download and install Google Sync, complete the following steps:
Installation will happen automatically upon the completion of the download. After installation, you can find the Google Sync icon on your home screen. To start using Sync:
The initial synchronization will take some time,
depending on the number of events you have in your Google Calendar and the
number of contacts in your Gmail Contacts. Please be patient; you can allow the
synchronization to take place in the background as you perform other tasks on
your BlackBerry device.