Quick Facts about the Brighton Virtual Academy
- BVA is part of Brighton Area Schools as a Community/Alternative Education Program.
- BVA offers students the opportunity to learn from their home, a computer lab ... anywhere they have access to the internet.
- Students enrolled in the Brighton Virtual Academy attend full-time only and take 100% of their courses online.
- BVA courses are self-paced in that students may finish coursework anytime during a given tri-mester.
- BVA is cost-free to all families. Home school families, in particular, enjoy the freedom from paying for costly home school curriculum.
- BVA courses are aligned with the MI Merit Core Curriculum. Credits can transfer to traditional middle or high schools for credit or lead to a MMC endorsed Brighton Area Schools Diploma.
- BVA offers middle and high school courses through MI Virtual School and are taught online by certified and highly qualified teachers.
- BVA students are assigned a local mentor teacher to help guide and support them in their online learning adventure.
- BVA requires 21 credits to graduate and follows the requirements of the MI Merit Core Curriculum.
- BVA operates on a trimester schedule, with students taking four classes each trimester.
- BVA also offers remediation & skill development courses (provided through PLATO Learning).
- PLATO remediation programs are facilitated and supported by a certified teacher.
- BVA offers students opportunities for BVA study groups, social networking, and college visits.
- BVA students can participate in sports and extra-curricular activities at SMS or BHS.
Wondering if Brighton Virtual Academy will meet the needs of your academic goals and busy life? Click here to find out.