Federico Bribiesca Argomedo, (IEEE S'08-M'14) was born in Zamora, Michoacán, Mexico. He obtained his B.S. in Mechatronics Engineering from the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM) in Monterrey, Mexico with highest honors (Mención Honorífica de Excelencia). He obtained his M.Sc. in Control Systems from Grenoble INP in Grenoble, France with high honors (mention Très Bien) and his Ph.D. in Control Systems from the Université de Grenoble working on the safety factor profile control of a tokamak plasma under the supervision of Christophe Prieur and Emmanuel Witrant (see video here).
For two years, he was a Postdoctoral Scholar with the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at UC San Diego under the supervision of Professor Miroslav Krstic.
Since 2014 he has held the position of Assistant/Associate Professor (Maître de Conférences, tenured in 2015) at INSA Lyon, Department of Mechanical Engineering (Génie Mécanique), Ampère Lab in Lyon, France.
Current contact e-mail: federico.bribiesca-argomedo ("at" symbol) insa-lyon.fr
PGP Public Key: 0x77E51733
Affiliation (for articles): Université de Lyon, INSA Lyon, Laboratoire Ampère (CNRS UMR5005) - F-69621 Villeurbanne, France.
Research interests include:
- Control and state estimation of systems modeled by partial differential equations (PDEs), mostly linear hyperbolic and parabolic PDEs.
- Lyapunov theory
- Input-to-state stability of infinite-dimensional systems
- Backstepping and related transformations for PDEs
- Coupled PDEs or PDE/ODE systems
- Tokamak control
- State estimation for electrochemical models of Li-ion batteries
- Associate Editor, European Journal of Control
- Associate Editor, IEEE CSS Conference Editorial Board (CDC, ACC)
- (2015- ) David Bou-Saba
- (2017- ) Kévin Mariette
- (2017- ) Kévin Lauzier
Erdös Number: 4 (via this article with Miroslav Krstic)