2013-2014 12U Brewster Rockets BLUE
Indoor Winter Workout Program is underway and runs from December through Mid-March and includes:
- Ten (10) weeks of Sundays starting January 5, 2014 at Danbury Sports Dome and The Harvey School in Katonah, NY. Locations and times vary each week. Make sure to check the updated calendar below.
- Ten (10) Weeks of Fridays starting January 3, 2014 for Pitching & Catching Workouts at Triple Play Batting Cages, Trumbull, CT 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Select Mondays starting January 13, 2014 for Pitching & Catching Workouts at The Bullpen Sports, Inc., North Salem, NY and Pequenakonck Elementary School, 7:00pm to 8:00pm.With our inaugural 2013 season under our belts; and a good mix of 2001 and 2002 players from various parts of CT and NY; the 12U Brewster Rockets is gearing up for another successful tournament season! Our players will have the opportunity to play in eleven (11) tournaments over the Fall/Spring/Summer Season.
TEAM OVERVIEW & PHILOSOPHY
The ultimate goals we have for this great group of girls is to make this the most memorable sports season they have experienced; and to develop their skills and prepare them for competitive softball beyond 12U.Team Workouts & Pitchers & Catchers practices are will be held three times or more per week. Players are expected to participate in the majority of the team practices so that we can progress as a team and compete at a high level.In preparation for our tournament season, workouts focus on the following:
- Strength and Flexibility (Stick Drills, Dynamic Stretches, etc.)
- Agility Drills (Ladder, Cones, SKLZ Reaction Ball, etc.)
- Speed and Base-Running Skills (Improving time to First Base, Sliding Form / Schutt Sliding Mat, Rounding Bags, Leading, Beating Pickoff throws to bag, etc.)
- Game Situation Drills (Relays, Covering Bases, Backing Up Plays, Communication, etc.)
- Infield Skills (Fielding, Footwork on Throws and Bases, Diving Drills, Backhand Drills, Rundown Plays, Covering Bases, Backing Up Bases, Reaction Ball Drills, etc.)
- Outfield Skills (Tracking, Catching, Footwork & 'Crow-hop' Throwing)
- Hitting & Bunting Instruction and Batting Practice (Total Control Balls, Live Pitching, Batting Cages, Tanner & Equitee Tee Drills, etc.)
- Workouts Dedicated to Pitching (Warm-ups and Full Motion Practice, Development of Pitches, Stamina and Strength Development utilizing Distance and Weighted Balls, Professional Guest Instructors, Pitching Signs/Signals, etc.)
- Workouts Dedicated to Catching (Catching Live Pitching, Framing, Blocking Drills, Throwing Runners Out, Speed Drills, Covering Bunts, Catching Pop-Ups, etc.)
- Equipment and Training Aids include: Bench Coach Dugout Organizer, Tanner tee, Equitee, BowNet, Total Control Balls, Schutt Sliding Mat, Pocket Radar and more!
We now have The Pocket Radar available for our Pitching, Hitting & Running drills!!!
2013-2014 WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Outdoor Fall Workout Program, which ran from September 1st through November 3rd is now complete. Our Outdoor Fall Workout Program consisted of ten (10) team practices, three (3) scrimmage games and one (1) tournament.SAFETY:
The 12U Brewster Rockets coaching staff include AHA Heartsaver CPR AED Certified personnel, and have completed Positive Coaching Alliance courses, Concussion Prevention Workshops, as well as a number of other coaching clinics. A complete overview of Safety Precautions for the 12U Brewster Rockets is available here
COACHING STAFF CONTACT INFORMATION:
Todd LalorHead Coach & Manager, 12U Brewster Rockets
Assistant Coach & First Base Coach, 12U Brewster Rockets
Assistant Coach & Scorekeeper, 12U Brewster Rockets
Assistant Coach & Bench Coach, 12U Brewster Rockets
12U Brewster Rockets Online
12U Brewster Rockets Facebook Page
The 12U Brewster Rockets has several opportunities for individuals and organizations that wish to sponsor the team or simply make a donation to ensure that the players have the best experience possible in 2014.
Any donation amount is welcome and needed in order to offset the many costs associated with running a successful fastpitch travel softball team (tournament fees, indoor training facilities, insurance, equipment & training aids, etc.). Please indicate which specific sponsorship you are donating for. If it is an individual donation, please indicate that in the comments of your email.