Setting up your Smartphone with Google Apps
- Google Sync
- Google Calendar in the browser
- Set up CalDAV to sync your Google Calendar with your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
- Texting options
Go to Settings
- Choose Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Google
- Click Next
- Select Sign in under Already have a Google Account
- Input your Brandeis email address and password
- Select Sign in
- Enable which Google services you want to sync (ie: Gmail, Contacts, and Docs)
- Click Finish and on the next page, click on Finish Setup
To set up your BlackBerry with Gmail, it is best to create a new mail account on your BlackBerry, rather than trying to modify an older email account.
- Go to your BlackBerry's Setup folder and select Email settings
- If you have a Bmail account set up, highlight the old Bmail account and press the BlackBerry key. Select Delete.
- Select Add. This will bring up a screen with various email providers. Select Other.
- Enter your full Brandeis email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter an incorrect password.
- It will display an error. Now scroll down and select "I will provide the settings."
- Select POP/IMAP (not applicable to AT&T accounts).
- Enter your full Brandeis email and correct password.
- For Email server, enter imap.gmail.com
- For Username, enter your full Brandeis email address (email@example.com).
- Select Next and setup should complete successfully. If not, change your password at identity.brandeis.edu and try again.
BlackBerry Calendar and Contacts
In order to sync your BlackBerry with your Brandeis calendar and contacts, install Google Sync by following the instructions below.
- On your phone, open the web browser and navigate to m.google.com/sync
- Install the application
- Open the application and log in using your full @brandeis.edu address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. If your name and password are rejected, you will need to change your password at identity.brandeis.edu.
- When you first log into Google Sync, it will bring you to an options page. The following are recommended:
Press the BlackBerry key and select "Sync Now"
- When To Sync: Automatic
- Check the boxes next to sync contacts and sync calendar
- Sync events for next 24 weeks
- Keep Events for previous 4 weeks
- Check Synchronize reminders
- Lastly, select Sync these Calendars
- Select one or multiple Google calendars to sync on your BlackBerry
- Select the calendar on which events created on your BlackBerry should be saved