Undergraduate Training in Computational Neuroscience
(as part of our R90 training grant from NIDA)Requirements to fulfill the program:
- complete a major in the Division of Science.
- complete either NBIO 136, Computational Neuroscience or NPSY 137 Cognitive Modeling.
at least 1 additional modeling course (QB110, BIO 135, NPHY 115, COSCI
148, or other course with committee’s permission)
- complete NBIO 140 Principles of Neuroscience
- complete at least 1 additional NBIO or NPSY course
- complete at least one semester of statistics (Biostatistics, Mathematical Statistics, Psych Stats, CoSci 177, Biol 107).
- conduct an undergraduate research project, resulting in an Honors Thesis in the student’s major.
- attend and participate in Computational Journal Club
at least one summer in residence at Brandeis, doing research and
participating in the Division of Science Undergraduate Research Program
- attend and participate in CONT 300, Responsible Conduct of Science
- have monthly lab notebook conferences with graduate student mentor.
- attend at least one appropriate international meeting, such as the CoSyne Meeting or Society for Neuroscience Meeting.