What is Reconstructionism?
Who are we?
- For Reconstructionists, Judaism is more than Jewish religion; Judaism is the entire cultural legacy of the Jewish people. Religion is central; Jewish spiritual insights and religious teachings give meaning and purpose to our lives. Yet our creativity as expressed through art, music and drama, languages and literature, and our relationship with the land of Israel itself are also integral parts of Jewish culture. Each of these aspects provides a gateway into the Jewish experience that can enrich and inspire us. (jrf.org)
Points of Focus:
- We are a student run organization of Jewish college students who have either grown up in Reconstructionist settings or have newly found the Reconstructionist movement. This organization is open and embracing of all members of the Brandeis community and is always welcoming of visitors and guests from outside the Brandeis campus.
- Judaism as the Culture of the Jewish People- exploring Judaism as more than just a religious practice
- Community as a Cornerstone- understanding the importance and support of a community
- Patterns of Practice- investigating the myriad of religious practices available
- Spiritual Seeking- creating a unique and personal relationship with one's faith and God
- Ethics and Values- emphasizing social justice and ethical living in addition to faith and spirit
: Lilah Kleban