HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Southview


Southview was a small neighborhood school tucked away on a side street. It was built in 1950 for $73,717 and only housed kindergarten through third grade classes. The school had elaborate May Day celebrations and family picnic days on its shady grounds. In 1985 its students were sent to the new Richard Kane Elementary and the building then housed programs for pre-schoolers with special needs, such as Headstart and Early Childhood Education Services. In May 2003 the board of education voted to relocate those services to the Will Rogers Complex and put Southview up for sale as part of a district budget reduction. The school was finally sold in September 2006 to Horace Mitchell for $160,000.

Click images to enlarge them.

Southview in 1997

Southview in 1997

Rear View

Rear View