HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Shawnee Field/Transportation & Maintenance

Acquired in 1937; Warehouse Built in 1956; Richard Kane School Built in 1985

Shawnee Athletic Field began in 1937 with a 2.89 acre plot purchased for $1,500. The next year about 18 acres were added for $2,950 and in 1939 one more lot was added for $300. Over time the district also used the area for storage, bus parking, and maintenance operations.

A warehouse was built in 1956 for $66,244 with a garage added in 1962 and additional food and custodial storage added in 1969 for $39,000. 1972 brought more food storage for $1,985 and an additional parking shed for $3,812. A toilet and laundry addition in 1979 cost $15,000. The school bus garage was built in 1963 for $111,041.

Richard Kane Elementary School was built on Shawnee Field in 1985. The warehouse and transportation facilities here received $199,418 of damage in Bartlesville's disastrous 1986 flood. The warehouse was later moved to Limestone. Buildings and grounds operations were relocated here from the Limestone facility in early 2007.

Click images to enlarge them.

Shawnee Shops & Warehouse in 1997

Shawnee Shops & Warehouse in 1997

Bus Lot in 1997

Bus Lot in 1997