HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Roosevelt Administration Building

Obtained in 1911; Sold in 1974
In 1911 the school district exchanged the two-room Roosevelt Building, valued at $12,500, with the city. (Some confusing district records indicate it was at 11th and Park, but no such intersection currently exists.) The building was remodeled in 1929 at a cost of $3,000, when the Carnegie Building was acquired by the district. The Roosevelt Building was sold in 1974 to the Church of Christ, then headquartered at Sixth and Dewey, for $47,500.