HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Ranch Heights

Built in 1957

The site of this elementary school was part of the Limestone Prairie school district, with the Prairie School here from 1907-1939. Charles Skinner rescued the bell from the Prairie School and kept it at his home until 1957 when he donated it to the new Ranch Heights school. The bell was set atop the building for many years and is now on display in the corridor outside the main office.

This facility was built in 1957 for $120,461. At that time it consisted of four classrooms, an all-purpose room, lunchroom, kitchen, teacher's lounge, and principal's office. Two classrooms were added in 1958 for $31,270. 1961 brought six new classrooms, an auditorium, a music room, and altered kitchen and lunchroom for $222,600. Two classrooms were added to Ranch Heights in a 1993 bond issue, and a 1998 bond issue provided for air conditioning in the gymnasium.

In May 2007 a bond issue was approved that included eight new early childhood classrooms for the building. It also relocated its office and shifted the main entrance from David Drive to Woodland Road to improve parking and traffic flow for the site. In September 2007 the Bartlesville School Board approved a contract with Ambler Architects to provide architectural services to the District for the future addition. In December 2007 Boldt Construction, Inc. was contracted to provide construction management services for the project. The summer of 2008 brought new heating and air systems, new ceiling tiles, made-over restrooms, and revitalized corridors. The new construction at Ranch Heights was completed by the start of the 2010-2011 school year. A new metal roof is slated to be installed in the summer of 2013.

Click images to enlarge them.

Original Entrance on David Drive in 1997

Original Entrance on David Drive in 1997

Prairie School bell on top of building in 1997

Prairie School bell on top of building in 1997

Bell in 2010

Bell in 2010

New Entrance in 2010

New Entrance in 2010

New foyer in 2010

New foyer in 2010

Remodeled 2nd Grade corridor in 2010

Remodeled 2nd Grade corridor in 2010

Open house in 2010

Open house in 2010

Floor logo in 2009

Floor logo in 2009