HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Jefferson

Built in 1909; Last Classes in 1985; Sold in 1994 and Razed

This elementary school was at 314 S. Choctaw. The land was acquired in 1907 and Jefferson was built in 1909 for $30,000 and three additions were made. The first was in 1924 for $29,367, the second in 1929 for $9,428, and the last was an all-purpose room added in 1948 for $55,198.

The school was closed in 1985 when the new Richard Kane elementary school opened. The building was sold in 1994 and razed for the construction of the Torrey Place apartments.

Click images to enlarge them.

Jefferson in 1931

Jefferson in 1931

After First Addition

After First Addition

After Third Addition

After Third Addition