HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Jane Phillips

Built in 1948; New Building in 1984

Named for Jane Gibson Phillips, who was the wife of Phillips Petroleum Company founder Frank Phillips, the original Jane Phillips elementary school was built at 15th & Rogers in 1948 for $201,827. A $68,968 addition was made in 1951 and another addition in 1954 cost $66,780.

In 1984 a new $2,400,000 replacement was constructed beside the old building, at Rogers & Lannom Place. The older building was demolished afterward, but the original exterior wall relief of two schoolchildren is preserved outside the entrance, and the original wall signage lettering was located in a storage room at the school in 2017.

Windows were added to the cafeteria in the summer of 2013, along with a new metal roof.

Click images to enlarge them.

Original Jane Phillips Entry

Original Building

Jane Phillips 2017

Jane Phillips School in 2017