HOME‎ > ‎District‎ > ‎District History‎ > ‎

Hoover

Built in 1959

Hoover was built on the 70-acre school site purchased in 1958 for $55,000. The acreage was also used for the original Madison Middle School and Sooner High; the latter later became the Mid-High and eventually the new home for Madison.

Hoover itself originally cost $181,568 and a 1961 addition was built for $162,666. The school was designed for 250 students but had 400 students by the 1990s, using a multitude of portable buildings.

A 1993 bond issue provided $2,779,087 for several new classrooms as well as a new library, computer and science labs, cafeteria, and gymnasium. A new roof and parking area were also included, as well as a drainage system to alleviate the effects of a stream running through the site. A phone system upgrade occurred in 2000. A secure entrance was constructed in the summer of 2013, along with resurfacing of a parking lot.

In 2017 the interior finishes were reworked and new exterior panels installed on the gymnasium.

Click images to enlarge them.

Hoover before the 1993 remodel

Hoover before the 1993 remodel

Hoover in 1997 after the big remodel

Hoover in 1997 after the big remodel

Hoover in 2017

Hoover in 2017